Saturday, June 28, 2008

After Four Months, I Got to Meet Shina 동생!

Yesterday, I woke up around 8 o'clock, stayed on MSN until about 12:30 or 1 in the afternoon, while talking to Mike and Clara (very funny conversation, with Mike being ridiculous, as usual), showered, realized I had no clean boxers left, so I had to go to 남대문 시장 and buy them. It was very embarrassing because I had nothing on under my shorts ㅋㅋ. It was raining a bit, so I took an umbrella. After spending 24 dollars on 6 pairs of boxers that wound up being too tight on me, much like every item in this country is on me (하하), I went to a chicken kebab stand and got some chicken kebab. The man there, a Middle Eastern-looking guy, asked me where I am from. I told him I'm from New York. He said he was from Iraq. I didn't understand what he said at first, but then I said, "Oh, really? Iraq! Oh, that's interesting!", and I smiled. I told him not to put tomato on the kebab, and not to make it too spicy. It was spicy 하하. 그래서 알로에 주스를 샀어. After that, I looked for a bank, but was unable to find one. I found an ATM machine, and wound up with like 1,000 bucks 하하하. I'm being totally serious! I even took a picture of it, which you can see here! As I was walking back to my hostel, I was still hungry, so I bought a 미니 피자, which had cheese, pepperoni, ham and corn on it. It was absolutely disgusting and I couldn't eat it. When I got back to my room, I put on my new boxers, and relaxed. I talked to Nick, Mike and 신아 동생, who was at work. She told me to meet her at 5 o'clock at 충무로, near where she works. I managed to do fine taking the subway. I recognized Shina instantly, because she looks like she does in her pictures. She was on her phone throughout our date, talking with Kaeng, her sister, and her dad. She didn't want her sister to know she was hanging out with a foreign guy 하하하. First, we tried to see if there were any movies playing. I wanted to see the new Adam Sandler one, but it's not playing here, I think. I suggested going to the DVD 방, but she jokingly said "no way, 변태!" 하하. We went to a 한옥 and took many pictures, and I made a few okay Korean sentences. She pushed me to try to speak in Korean, which is very good for me. Near a pond with fish, some little kids yelled "외국인!" 하하하. Shina and I took pictures together, and I took a picture with the "mayor" of the 한옥. Then, we went to Tom & Tom's and had some good drinks and talked for a long time about me, her, Jeff, my brother, Mike, Noeul, America, Korean, 이 명박, etc. I got to talk to Kaeng on the phone for a minute or two, but couldn't hear her very well 하하. Finally, it was time to eat something. We went to a very nice-looking Italian restaurant, but the food wasn't very good. Shina laughed at how I couldn't eat the lasagna with my fork and spoon. Maybe I really am Korean and need chopsticks 하하하. We talked more about Jeff, and she said that maybe I should come along on their date. I suggested bringing 경은/Kaeng instead, and having her hit on Jeff and wearing lots of make-up and a 치마. Shina had to hurry home because she couldn't lie to her sister any longer and it was getting late 하하. We walked around in the rain with my umbrella and finally found where to go. We said goodbye, with hugs and also "yo yo homey" hand and back slaps. I prefer getting hugs from girls 하하하. I got back to 회현 station just fine, bought a drink, went back to my room, and sat in pain on my bed. I really, really need to buy a chair 하하. Shina is very nice and pretty, and a lot of fun! I hope Jeff is not an asshole. She deserves a good boyfriend, like me 하하. Today, I'm going to call 진선 and see if she can hang out. If she can't, I think 신아 wants to meet again. By the way, last night, I used the Kinoki foot pads, and they didn't do a single thing 하하.
































No comments: